Homemade Herbal Ginger Orange Tea
by katarina gasic, MS, RD
We’ve just passed the season of cookies and cakes galore! Although these sweets are delicious and hot chocolate is always a crowd pleaser, this quick, easy, and most of all delicious tea is a tasty way to overcome our holiday sugar coma. The orange peels provide a subtle sweetness and the ginger adds a nice kick that will warm you up in an instant. In addition to the great taste, this tea makes a wonderful gift for anyone you forgot to shop for! The weather outside may be frightful but this tea is so delightful! Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons ginger root, dried and ground
- 3 tablespoons orange peels, dried and ground
- 4 tablespoons mint leaves, dried and ground
- 12 empty coffee filters to cut to shape and use as tea bags
- Mix the ginger root, orange peels, and mint leaves in one small bowl.
- Fill each of your homemade tea bags with 2 teaspoons of the mixture.
- Store the tea bags in a dry cool place until ready to use. Recipe makes about 12 tea bags.
*Note: If you are unable to find the ingredients already dried and ground at your local grocery store you can dry the ingredients yourself. It doesn’t get any easier.