Easy and Delicious Hidden Zucchini Recipe
by Karen Nochimowski of Momma Chef. Find more of Momma Chef's delicious recipes here!
Unless the kids are watching you make this recipe, they will have no idea that there is zucchini in their favorite muffins! These easy and healthy muffins are versatile, and can be tweaked to fit different tastes. Consider adding in some chocolate chips to serve them as dessert, or substitute a banana in place of the zucchini. Test out different ingredients to find which recipe your little ones like most! Best of all, these muffins use only one bowl and six-ingredients! Enjoy!
· 1 ½ cup whole wheat flour
· 2 peeled and grated zucchinis
· ½ cup honey
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 2 large eggs
· ⅓ cup vegetable oil
1) In a large mixing bowl, add all six ingredients and blend with a hand mixer for three minutes.
2) Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full.
3) Bake at 375 degrees for 17-19 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Tips and Tricks:
1. Add ½ cup chocolate chips (milk chocolate or semi-sweet).
2. Substitute one banana in place of one zucchini.
3. Muffins will stay fresh on the counter in an airtight container or Ziplock bag for two days. After that, put them in the refrigerator.
4. Once refrigerated, reheat the muffins in the microwave for 20 seconds to warm before serving.
5. Using muffin cups makes it more fun for the kids! Be sure to spray them with non-stick spray before filling.