Tasty Tuna Steak and Vegetables
A quick, nutritious, and delicious recipe to try out for you and your family or Nanny Family.
It takes less than 15 minutes to make and is packed with nutrients! Tuna is full of omega-3 to help your brain, and high in protein to keep you fuller longer.
I love to use tomatoes, still on the vine, and a large serving of spinach. This meal is also low carb and very clean. If you prefer more carbs, simply add some rice.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 2 tuna steaks
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 head of broccoli
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
1) Add the coconut oil to the pan and heat on medium.
2) While it's heating, cut the broccoli into bite size pieces and season the steaks.
3) Add the broccoli to the pan first.
4) 1 minute later, add the tuna steaks.
5) Approximately 5 minutes later, add the spinach and tomatoes.
Cooking times vary depending on how well you like your tuna steak. Cook longer for well done.
- Turn the broccoli over every few minutes to cook evenly.
- Add plenty of spinach because it shrinks when cooked.
- Use more tomatoes per your taste.
- Double the recipe to have prepared meals in advance.
- This recipe is versatile; switch vegetables per taste or whatever you have in stock.
For a How-To video, click here.