Healthy Flag Fruit and Yogurt Dip Platter
by amber ketchum, MDS, RD
This healthy flag has only six ingredients, comes together in just a few minutes, and is packed with beautiful color and flavor. It’s a great kid-friendly kitchen activity for the Fourth of July that doubles as a popular appetizer or healthy dessert.
Makes 8-10 servings
- 4 cups plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup brown sugar or honey (optional)
- 1 container (1 pound) strawberries, with the greens removed and sliced in half
- 1 container raspberries
- 1 container blueberries
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- If adding sugar or honey to the yogurt, mix it together in a large bowl and set aside.
- To assemble the flag, place a row or raspberries along the bottom of a large serving tray. Add a row of yogurt above them, then a row of strawberries above the yogurt. Alternate rows of yogurt and berries to create as many “stripes” as you like. On the top left corner of the tray, leave space for the “stars” on the flag.
- Add yogurt and spread in a large square shape to create the base for the stars (blueberries).
- Sprinkle the coconut all over the yogurt. Spread the blueberries over the top left square of the flag for the stars. Enjoy!