The Easy Apple and Cinnamon Cake of Your Dreams
by sascha hutt
Who doesn’t love cake? I thought I would share this recipe with you as it’s so easy to make. If I have someone popping over, this is the cake that I make. I like to have it cooking in the oven when my guests arrive as it smells beautiful and is best eaten warm. It’s the easiest cake to make but yet I think it looks pretty darn special. Both kids and parents love this one. Please try this as no one will be disappointed.
1/3 cup butter 1/3 cup brown sugar 1 egg 1 teaspoon vanilla 1 cup self-rising flour 1/3 cup milk 1/2 tsp cinnamon 2 apples, cored and sliced 1 1/2 tbs melted butter 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until creamy.
3. Mix in flour, cinnamon and milk and pour into round tin (mixture may seem dry but there is no need to add more milk).
4. Sit the apple slices into the cake.
5. Bake 25-30 min.
6. Brush butter/sugar/cinnamon over top of cake while warm.
Serves 6 – 8