Quick and Easy Quinoa and Kale Stir Fry
By Robert Jackson of Minimal FiT.
I'll be the first to admit that kale isn't my favorite ingredient, but I know there are many positive reasons to eat it, so I attempt to add it in where I can. Here is an opportunity to try this delicious kale out! If you or your charges don't like vegetables, this dish will disguise the taste by using coconut oil, salt, and pepper. This stir fry is an excellent choice for a non-meat day, and is packed full of nutrients. It's also incredibly quick to make with very little clean-up; a true one pan wonder.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup of broccoli
- 1 cup of cauliflower
- 4 ounce red and white quinoa (pre-cooked)
- 1 large handful of kale
- 5 cherry tomatoes
1. Add the coconut oil to the pan and heat up on a medium heat.
2. While it's heating, cut the broccoli and cauliflower into bite sized pieces.
3. Add the kale to the pan and turn up the heat to high.
4. After about one minute, add the broccoli and cauliflower.
5. Let simmer for another minute before adding the quinoa and tomatoes.
6. Stir frequently. Simmer until done to your liking. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Before you use kale in anything, make sure to remove the hard stems. Doing so will ensure you have a less chewy time trying to eat it!
- Buy pre-cooked quinoa in packs to save time and effort. These are available in most supermarkets.
- Add more coconut oil if you don't like the taste of the ingredients. Slowly reduce how much you use each time you prepare this recipe.
- Adjust the amounts of ingredients based on your preference. Double the ingredients to make enough for multiple days.
- You can use any ingredients; try different vegetables you may have already in the fridge.